Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Windswept McKinley


After lunch on our first painting day, the mountain came out intermittently, with blustery wind at our level and sweeping clouds up there at 20,000 feet. I pulled out my biggest panel to capture this biggest mountain. I had to work quickly, while it was still in view, and here is the rather dramatic result.

That's the Thoroughfare River at the foot of the mountain, below the tundra-covered glacier.

Mary Bee Kaufman, my painting partner, took the photo of me, and I used her camera to photograph her. It's great to have a really good photographer along, I would have many fewer photos but for Mary Bee!

Yes, I look like a crazy woman with all those layers, but I was glad to have them!

Mary Bee warming up in that afternoon sun.


16" x 20" oil on linen panel

To purchase, contact me at info@carollambertarts.com
$960 plus shipping, unframed

No comments: