Wednesday, October 14, 2009

McKinley, Afternoon Haze


This third (!) painting from our first painting day shows you our view from the picnic table at our campsite at Wonder Lake. Even though I was kind of bushed after our work at the Eilson Visitor Center, I just had to do this one too. The clouds had dissipated, the whole mountain was out, and I was warm and comfortable, so why not?

The little white dots just above my signature are the footprints of a gray jay that visited when I had several paintings laid out on the table. He hopped from one to the other, left lots of little footprints. I got most of them repaired, but saved a few for souvenirs.

As always, Mary Bee took the best photo!


8" x 16" oil on linen panel

To purchase, contact me at info@carollambertarts.com
$385 plus shipping, unframed

No comments: