Monday, September 17, 2012

Plein air August and September


Recently, I drove a few hours north to catch some favorite views. My first attempt was a wet one.


It turns out that 2 umbrellas just make 2 drippy edges to get you wet! Only the painting stayed dry. Oil paints don't mix with water, though, so I was able to carry on until I was just too soaked.


I finished this in the back of the car. Thanks to the brave soul who took the photo with my camera.


The next time I tried, the weather was much better, but this is the only other painting I really like from the trip. I have lots of ideas to work with in the studio, though.


Several people stopped to take photos. Thanks to everyone who said hello and checked out my work, and special thanks to Jim Mayo, who included me in a video of his Alaska road trip, and to Cherie Smith and Roger Kulwicki, who took these photos.




In fact, so many people have taken photos of me at work over the years, I have just created an online collection of those photos. You can see them in an album titled "Painting in Public" on my Facebook page. Please have a look when you get a chance, and if you like it, please "Like" it.  

Broad Pass in Mist 
12 x 16
oil on linen panel

Snow and Streams
12 x 16
oil on linen panel

For more information, contact me at info@carollambertarts.com

No comments: