Tuesday, June 26, 2012

One landscape has become two


Last year I went to Denali National Park and made a 16 x 40 painting of the view at Polychrome Pass. I had to put it on 2 panels in order to carry the wet painting-in-progress on the park bus. When I got home I framed them in one frame, but try as I might, I could not make the seam unobtrusive.



I finally took the panels out of the frame, cropped one, and now I have two paintings of the view at Polychrome Overlook. I think it worked out fine in the end. 


This year I will try to return to the same spot to do 2 more paintings. What I have done so far is only a small slice of a great view. 

Polychrome Overlook
16 x 20

Polychrome Overlook 2
16 x 12


oil on linen panels
For more information, contact me at info@carollambertarts.com



1 comment:

Don and Karen Cornelius Artwork said...

Wonderful paintings. You certainly captured the feeling of the area.