Monday, December 12, 2011

A couple of blue horses




Sometimes an object will just grab me. That's what happened when I saw these two little horses.

About a year ago I started the Blue Horse on Red, as a demonstration during a class. I didn't get it finished, and it waited in my studio for many months. I knew I would paint the other horse, and finally got to work on Blue Horse on Green at a gallery demonstration. Didn't get that one finished either.

But the day came when I just couldn't wait any longer to put these two ponies right. For one thing, they were a great experiment in high chroma! Not much in the way of subtle grays here. Since they are only 6" x 6", though, the viewer is in no danger of being over-dazzled.

Blue Horse on Red
Blue Horse on Green
6 x 6
oil on linen panel

SOLD

No comments: