Saturday, August 1, 2009

Russian Sugar Bowl


This is my demo painting from the recent trip to Fireweed Gallery in Homer. As with all my demo paintings, it turned out less simple than I thought it would! You can see by the photos below that it changed quite a bit from its state in the gallery to the finished piece.


I simplified the pattern in the background, though I hated to do it. I will be using that background to its full potential in some other painting! It was too busy, and tried to steal the show. Same story on the complicated drapery folds. Too much for a little 6 x 8 panel. So it was all sacrificed to give the sugar bowl top billing. Now, of course, I am second guessing!


Here is Irene Randolph, who owns Fireweed Gallery, taking a break to watch. She is very good to her gallery artists! Thanks, Irene!

No comments: